CBMC members welcome visitors to our community in the Lake Tahoe basin. We encourage all visitors to be informed, safe and to be good neighbors while visiting. Please review the information below on CBMC beach access policies, the Renter FAQ along with the resource links to the right. We encourage all to arrive prepared for fire safety, bear safety and to be respectful of our community while visiting. Placer County provides tips on good neighbor practices along with rules for short term rentals.
NO FIRES or charcoal BBQ's.
Put ALL garbage in bear box enclosure. If you garbage does not fit, please take home with you.
Please review the links to the right to understand the expectations for visitors. We hope your visit will be fun, safe and rewarding.
COVID – 19 Rules
Members will be expected to adhere to Federal, State & County Guidelines & Regulations with respect to COVID 19 requirements
2021 Beach Rules
Please cooperate with our Lifeguard staff and distribute this information to your guests and renters. Life guards will be on duty daily beginning Saturday June 19 through Monday September 6 10:00 am – 6:00 pm. Shuttle Bus will run daily July 2, 2021 thru Sunday August 15 and on Sept 4 & 5. The bus runs from 11 am to 5 pm however does not run on Tuesdays.
- MEMBERSHIP cards are MANDATORY to gain access to the private beach. Wristbands must be worn while on the beach. Members or Renters without a Membership Card may use the Public Beach.
- MEMBERS are permitted to bring guests not staying in their home. RENTERS do NOT have this privilege.
- If areas are abandoned any personal property left behind will be removed and stored.
- UMBRELLAS must be secured so they will not blow across the beach.
- NO CANOPIES or child enclosures exceeding a 3’x 6’ footprint may be used. Any such small enclosure may be used anywhere on the Baby Beach or ONLY on the outside perimeters of the Main Beach. No other shade covers, enclosures etc. may be used that block the view of others behind you. The Forest Service does not have this restriction on the public beach
- SWIM only within areas designated with float lines. No hanging on float lines.
- Baby Beach children must be immediately supervised by an adult physically on the baby beach not at the bar or other beach.
- NO BOAT launching, kayak, windsurfing or jet skis are permitted in the swim areas. No jet skis may be moored on the piers or poles at the baby beach. Paddleboards, kayaks, and canoes may be launched from and brought ashore near the Public Beach, not within the defined swim areas.
- Paddleboards, kayaks etc. not in use must remain along rope between private and public beach not stored with you on the main beach.
- FIRES/BBQs prohibited.
- NOISE CURFEW – 10 pm with these exceptions: 11 pm curfew for CBMC Scheduled Movie Nights: 11 pm during the Perseid Meteor Showers the nights of August 11 - 13 this year. All users of the beach must ALWAYS be courteous of CLHOA residences.
- CHILDREN under the age of 11 must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible party. For these purposes, responsible party is defined as a person who is at least 16 years old and chosen by the parent of the child
- STATE LAW prohibits alcoholic beverages purchased at the bar/grill from being taken onto the beach. Members may bring their own alcohol onto the Private Beach with responsible use
- NO SMOKING on private beach. US Forest Service does not allow smoking on the public beach
- NO GLASS allowed on the beach. This is for the safety of all. Broken glass in the sand is dangerous
- NO BIKES, motorized vehicles, skateboards or rollerblades allowed past the check-in stand at the beach entrance
- NO DOGS allowed on private beach. The Forest Service does allow dogs on the Public Beach
- NO AMPLIFIED music, voice, or other sound
- PERSONAL ITEMS may not be left on the beach overnight
- NO Non-Member access to the bar from the baby beach. Must use Public Beach 300 Ft South.
MEMBERS, GUESTS and RENTERS are expected to maintain safe and respectful behavior. Those behaving otherwise will be asked to leave the beach.
Failure to abide by the rules will result in the suspension of membership privileges.